Child Safety at RPS
As part of the Victorian Government’s commitment to implementing the recommendations of the 2014 ‘Betrayal of Trust’ report, there are new regulations in place aimed at enhancing child safety, underpinned by new Child Safe Standards.
The Child Safe Standards Safe Standards are compulsory minimum standards for all Victorian schools, to ensure they are well prepared to protect children from abuse and neglect.
These are detailed in the Ministerial Order number 870 which came into effect on August 1st.
Our school has a range of policies in place that sees us well on the way to meeting these standards. This includes the recently ratified RPS Child Safety Policy as well as the other policies listed below. We are currently reviewing all policies to ensure we are fully compliant with the standards by the beginning fo the 2017 school year.
- RPS Child Safety Policy
- RPS Student Welfare Engagement and Behaviour Policy
- RPS Duty of Care Policy
- RPS Mandatory Reporting Policy_2017
- RPS Diversity Policy
- RPS Social Media Policy
- RPS Child_Safety_Code_of_Conduct
Other RPS Policies
- RPS Internet Policy
- RPS Acceptable Usage Agreement
- RPS Anaphylaxis Policy
- RPS Bullying and Harassment Policy
- RPS Camps Excursions and Incursions Policy
- RPS Distribution of Medication Policy
- RPS Dog Policy
- RPS Enrolment Protocol
- RPS First Aid Policy
- RPS Headlice Policy
- RPS Homework Policy
- RPS Parent Concerns and Complaints
- RPS Sunsmart Policy
- RPS Uniform Policy