Welcome to Prep with Aimee, Sarah M and Julian!
Welcome back to Term 2! We hope you all had a wonderful break.
There are many exciting things starting this term, including our Parent Reading Program and our Perceptual Motor Program (PMP), which is designed to develop students’ gross motor skills such as hopping, skipping, jumping, balancing etc. Thank you to those parents who have volunteered to help, it is greatly appreciated! The Preps are also going on two excursions this term. The first is to the Royal Botanic Gardens to participate in a Sustainable Gardening Program. The second is to Ripponlea House where they will learn about Melbourne in the past, including traditional classrooms, games and sports from the past.
Some things to do at home with your child each week include:
- Daily home reader, discuss reading strategies used, main characters and setting, retelling events
- Practise reading your child’s Magic Words List, and spelling for those ready
- Handwriting activities (tracing, copying)
Some writing activities you might like to do at home include:
- Postcards, letters or cards
- Recounts of special events
- Shopping lists
- Shared stories