Hello from OSHClub. We run the Before and After School Care Program and Holiday Program at Richmond PS.
OSHClub is committed to providing the highest quality Before School Care, After School Care, Pupil Free Day Care and Holiday Programs in a safe, fun and stimulating environment.
We pride ourselves on providing children with a fun experience that they will enjoy. From exciting activities and healthy, nutritious snacks to caring, motivated staff, the program aims to meet all your children’s needs.
(Follow the link above, then click on ‘Join Us’, then choose ‘Richmond OSHClub’ from the schools’ list)
Contact us on:
Program phone number: 0447 330 481
Head Office number: 03 8564 9000
The philosophy of the OSHC Program is:
To provide primary school-aged care for Richmond Primary School; while working in partnership with children, their families and the community. The service is community-based, flexible, acknowledges the importance of play and leisure in children’s learning and development and that their learning is not limited to any particular time or place.
The philosophy is implemented by the following goals:
- To apply the ACECQA National Quality Frameworks: Belonging, Being, Becoming- The Early Years Learning Framework forAustralia; My Time, Our Place- Framework for School Aged Care in Australia.
- The educational program contributes to the following outcomes: Outcome 1: Children have a strong sense of identity; Outcome 2: Children are connected with and contribute to their world; Outcome 3: Children have a strong sense of wellbeing; Outcome 4: Children are confident and involved learners; Outcome 5: Children are effective communicators.
- To provide an educational program that is: Based on the developmental needs, interests and experiences of each child; Takes into account the individuality of each child.
- To meet the Children’s Service Regulations 2009 and Children Services Act 1996 and to fulfill all Children’s Service Licensing obligations.
- To ensure that the Service accurately reflects the needs of all children and families by: Acknowledging and being sensitive to the cultural and diverse backgrounds of families; Acknowledging the importance of families in providing direction for the Service.
- To provide qualified and experienced educators, co-ordinators and nominated supervisors who are able to develop warm, respectful relationships with children
- To ensure that staff are able to fulfill their role in an environment where their needs are being met.
Hours of Operation
Before Care: 7.15-8.45am
After Care: 3.30-6.00pm
The Children’s Program
The OSHC Program will offer a planned, flexible and balanced Service that will respond to children’s interests, needs and stages of development.
Before School Care is open from 7.15 to 8.45am every morning of the school term. A parent or caregiver must sign the children in. A very informal program is offered in the morning with simple activities and quick games.
After School Care commences at 3.30pm. A staff member signs children in as they line up. As children arrive they wash their hands and may choose to have informal afternoon tea, which is offered till 4.15pm and are free to participate in organised activities or free play. A second snack is offered at 5.15pm. Some options and clubs to choose from include:
- A plethora of daily crafts and art
- Construction, board games, books
- Outdoor play on the jungle gym, grass oval or sandpit
- Dress ups/Imaginative Play
- Science Club
- Cooking Club