Why Richmond Primary School?
The strength of Richmond Primary School is its people. From our committed team of experienced, innovative teaching staff, to our community of parent helpers, not to mention our great kids, we are united in working towards building an exciting, dynamic school culture and an optimum learning environment for young minds.
We are founded upon a culture of inclusivity and diversity and a connectedness to the local community. The school aims to prepare confident, balanced and friendly children and instil them with a life-long love of learning.
Academic results are consistently high in national testing, but more importantly we consistently achieve an 80% satisfaction result in our annual parent survey. We strive to create a stimulating and balanced curriculum, covering all major areas of learning, as well as student enrichment such as our vibrant arts, science, language and IT programs.
Our school offers your child a range of programmes to make your time with us as enjoyable and fruitful as possible:
- RPS School Uniform – is compulsory for all students. See the Uniforms page for further information.
- Outside School Hours Care – a well managed and enjoyable facility open to all children at an affordable cost
- Bounce Back – a whole school approach that encourages wellbeing and resilience.
- Student Representative Council (SRC) – a student forum drawing on all grades that is encouraged to influence the running of the school. This empowers the students and introduces them to responsibility, consensus and decision-making.
- Physical Education – an important component of your child’s development, and enjoyment, available both during and after school
- Grade Six School Play – an annual extravaganza that targets the self-belief of our kids
- Camp – an opportunity for our 3/4 and 5/6 kids to explore new environments and develop their self-confidence, independence and organisational skills
- Creative Arts – Richmond Primary has a strong history in the creative arts
- Music – Informal and formal music teaching is provided both during and after school
… and of course …
The experienced and committed staff work to help your child achieve the best academic progress through innovative “best practice” teaching programmes and methods.
From our informal social gatherings to School Council, Richmond Primary School offers many and varied opportunities for parents to get involved. Being involved is fun and social and helps your child feels positive about their school and its place in their lives.
Some of the ways you can become an active part of our school community include:
- Classroom Helper – from literacy and PMP to excursions, parent involvement is rewarding and provides an insight into your child’s learning.
- Class Reps – At least one parent from each grade is asked to be the Class Rep. Their role is to liaise with other parents and are vital to the effective running of the school.
- School Council – A new council is elected each year in March. It makes policy decisions and ensures the school is compliant with government guidelines
- Fundraising Committee
- Information nights – held throughout the year, these evening provide high-quality, valuable information of topics such as parenting and education.
- Curriculum evenings – Come and learn about exciting new learning and teaching strategies used in schools today.
Selecting a school for your child is a very important decision for you to make. We invite you to visit our school and see the programs we have to offer. We are proud of our students and our high performance.
Contact us on (03) 9428 1909 to arrange a booking.
We look forward to having you involved with Richmond Primary School.
Once filled out please send onto the Office. Don’t forget to bring along birth and immunisation certificates as well.
- RPS Enrolment Form
- Primary School Privacy Notice (please download and read before completing Enrolment Form)
- RPS Enrolment Protocol – includes Designated Neighbourhood Area map
Begins in the second half of the year. Check the Prep Transition page for further information.